On the bank with Dave Binns Angling

Follow my adventures as I travel around the Yorkshire area catching a variety of species from a wide range of different venues, from northern spate rivers to the clearer waters of the River Calder and a few lakes and forgotten ponds inbetween.
I hope you enjoy reading about them half as much as I do fishing them.
You can also follow me on face book by clicking here
Keep checking back for news of some exciting products that I have in the pipe line!

Sunday 8 January 2012

Grayling again? No way

Following my return from the Wharfe I had a fair few maggots left and as i enjoyed using my new pin so much I decided a quick trip to the river Dearne was in order. I had to pick our Kyle up at dinner time but as its fairly local to me I could squeeze 3 or 4 hours in.
I arrived at my chosen area to find the river had risen over night  and was carrying a fair amount of colour, not great but at least I should get a few dace. A few quick trots to set the rig and on went some bait, I ran the float down the narrow run for ten mins or so when it finaly shot under, the strike met with the twisting spinning motion of what I thought would be a dace but I could not beleave my eyes as I scooped up my first Dearne grayling of around 8oz! In two days I had gone from never catching one to catching them from 2 different rivers.
I dropped back in and soon realised the extra water had put the fish off in what is normaly a very produtive swim. just 3 reasonable size dace came in the next hour before I decided to call it a day well over the moon with my first Dearne grayling.

No comments:

Post a Comment