On the bank with Dave Binns Angling

Follow my adventures as I travel around the Yorkshire area catching a variety of species from a wide range of different venues, from northern spate rivers to the clearer waters of the River Calder and a few lakes and forgotten ponds inbetween.
I hope you enjoy reading about them half as much as I do fishing them.
You can also follow me on face book by clicking here
Keep checking back for news of some exciting products that I have in the pipe line!

Thursday 19 July 2012

Priceless memories

 I had a very quick session today up at Owl Barn Farm, I was out of the house, fishing and back home in under an hour. Strange you may think but the reason was I had the company of a very special Little lady today. I decided it was time to introduce my 2 and half year old daughter Lilly to the world of fishing. Most people will have caught fish bigger than she was as when she was born she weighed just 2lb 15oz! and spent weeks in hospital.
 I took just the required gear and some maggots left over from yesterday, I rigged up a light pole rig attached to a top 3 and flicked a few maggots in, in no time at all she beamed from ear to ear as the fish soon started biting. Like kids do she was bored after around 20 minutes so we headed home to tell Mummy all about it.

 One of the shortest sessions I have ever fished but also one of the best, equalled only when I took kyle for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment